Sizzlin' Summer Around the Sound Challenge-July 2016
Do you live in Island County yet commute to work in Snohomish, King or Pierce County? Or do you live in Snohomish, King or Peirce County and commute to work in Island County? If you do, then come join us for the Sizzlin Summer Around the Sound Challenge this July! Get There...And Then Get Out There!
Whether you are registered in Wheel Options, RideshareOnline.com, Commute Seattle, Community in Motion, On the Move Bellevue, Kirkland Green Trip, Curb the Congestion, Go Redmond, Issaquah Salmon Friendly Trips, (or if you live or work in Snohomish, King or Pierce Counties) we're all connected and part of the same community so feel free to keep logging into your local network.
Washington summers are incredible and we want you to get out there and experience it! Choose smart trips by bike, bus, foot or sharing the ride and you could win one of many fantastic summer outings around Puget Sound! Log just 6 days of not driving alone on your online calendar during the month of July to qualify for great prizes.
PLUS: Log 12 or more days and you could win one of the Grand Prize Getaways!
Grand Prizes (12+days):
- Ultimate Grand Prize (1winner): $1500 Victoria Clipper Vacation
- Grand Prize Summer Getaway (3 winners, 1 from each county): $1000 Mastercard
Prizes (6 days):
- Weekend Getaways (9 winners, three from each county): $500 Mastercard
- Summer Sports Outing (15 winners, 5 from each county): $150 Gift Card to a local team
- Outdoor Summer Concerts (15 winners, 5 from each county): $100 Ticketmaster Gift Card
- National Parks Pass (10 winners): $80 Annual National Parks Pass
- Discovery Pass (25 winners): $33 Annual Washington State Parks Discovery Pass
- Eliminate at least 6 days of drive-alone trips to be eligible for seventy four (74) drawing prizes ranging in value from $33 - $500.
- Eliminate at least 12 days of drive alone trips to be eligible for the grand prizes: One (1) $1500 Victoria Clipper vacation and three (3) summer getaways (one winner for each county)
- Trips must be logged in RideshareOnline.com by 08/08/2016 to qualify for prize drawings.
What is Wheel Options Around the Sound?
The Wheel Options promotion is held by the Washington State Ridesharing Organization (WSRO), a non-profit organization for individuals dedicated to encouraging policy makers, employers, and commuters to support the use of alternate transportation modes to reduce air pollution, traffic congestion, and energy consumption throughout Washington State and the Northwest.
In 2014, WSRO in partnership with King County Metro and WSDOT received Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) grant funding from the Puget Sound Regional Council to conduct a regional rideshare promotion within the PSRC's three county boundary (Snohomish, King and Pierce). These Wheel Options Around the Sound Promotions will be occurring in February, April and July of 2016 and 2017.